Friday, June 9, 2017

The Grade 1 Friend Book

Every year since I started teaching, I have helped my class write a book inspired by an author and/or illustrator. This year's book was inspired by Todd Parr. He writes books like these:




We decided to write a book called "The Grade 1 Friend Book" and each student wrote a page about the things that make us unique.

"Some grade 1 friends have short hair."

"Some grade 1 friends love dogs."

"Some grade 1 friends have an epi-pen."

and so on....

I give families a chance to buy a copy of the professionally published book. The past few years I have been using mixbook and today our books arrived!



I posted a picture of us getting our new book on Instagram and what a surprise to get this message from Todd Parr on our account:


I don't know who was more excited to see this message...my Grade 1 friends....or me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...